Spring has sprung! The weather is warming up which means that now is the perfect time to head outdoors with the family for some good old outdoor fun! Check out these 8 outdoor activities the whole family can enjoy this spring.
- Discover all that nature has to offer and embark on a spring-inspired, nature scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go fly a kite! Grab a kite and pick a day that is extra windy for the most kite-flying fun. Check out this simple DIY kite OR pick one up at a local store.
- Paint with mud. Embrace your child’s inner Picasso with mud painting! All you need is mud, water, and some paint brushes for some messy fun.
- Jump in muddy puddles. You know what they say… April Showers bring May Flowers – which means there should be plenty of puddles to jump in! Dress your child in rain boots and an outfit that they can get messy and let them have some muddy puddle fun.
- Make your own birdfeeder. Not only will your child have the opportunity to get to know the birds that are native to your area, they’ll also be helping to provide them with food and nourishment when food may be scarce!
- Break out the bubbles. Bubbles are fun for kids of all ages! Grab some bubbles and a bubble wand at a local store or make your own with a simple water and soap solution for hours of bubble popping fun.
- Get gardening. Gardening is a great way to show your children how a tiny seed can grow into a fruit or vegetable that you can eat!
- Head out on a spring picnic. Grab a blanket and some yummy sandwiches or snacks and head to a local park for a nice family picnic. Want to know the best part? You don’t have to clean dirty dishes or wipe down tables after the meal!