Are you looking for ways to keep your kids busy while you’re practicing social distancing? Keeping your kids occupied while stuck at home is no easy feat, these 10 activities for families may help. Check out our 10 favorite activities to help keep kids active, learning, and having fun while at home.
- Explore online learning resources. Many online learning sites that typically require subscriptions are offering free trials and discounts. Check out PBS Kids, Adventure Academy, National Geographic Kids, or Scholastic Learn at Home!
- Virtual story time? Sign us up! Check out this roundup of your favorite celebrities reading children’s books.
- Break out the glitter, glue, and pipe cleaner, and let your child’s imagination go wild. If they’re stumped on what to create, write some ideas down on scrap paper and throw them in a mason jar, have your child pick from the jar and that can be their creation!
- Create a fun, unique, and imaginative indoor obstacle course. Grab pillows, blankets, hula-hoops, chairs, and any other household items you can find to create a challenging and fun obstacle course. If space permits, add activity stations for jumping jacks and forward rolls.
- Give your kid a #BrainBoost with one of these science experiments.
- Fill a balloon with air and try to keep it off the ground for as long as you can. See how long your children can keep the ball in the air without touching the ground or “hot lava.”
- Whip up a batch of homemade slime, gak, or play-dough. Not only will your child love creating one of these sticky recipes, they’ll also have fun playing at home with it.
- Sensory bins are a great boredom busting activity and can keep your little ones entertained for hours as they explore the items.
- Take a virtual Field Trip to a local zoo, museum, or farm. Many museums are also offering virtual tours as well, even the Vatican! Check out all of the possibilitieshere.
- While you can’t attend class at your local The Little Gym right now, you can take a virtual class and enjoy The Little Gym right in your own living room! Check out The Little Gym at Home virtual class experience here.
A bonus tip for families: create a fun scrapbook of your memories at home. The kids will look back on the memories of a time where they spent their days playing with family and friends.