There’s nothing more special than spending quality time with your family members and loved ones. Scheduling family time however, is not an easy feat. With busy family schedules, it may be difficult to schedule time to connect, play, and enjoy each-others company. Proactively putting family time on the calendar will help to ensure you’re finding time for one another. Not only will a family fun night help you build a stronger bond with your family members, but you’ll also make memories that will last a lifetime! Check out these five family fun night ideas for your next family activity.
- Family Volunteer Night: Research shows that giving back to a good cause can help improve your overall happiness, mental well-being, and self-esteem. Now, take those good feelings to the next level by volunteering with your family members! Find an organization that you’re all passionate about; local animal shelter, children’s home, or environmental organization, and give back as a family.
- Backyard Camp Out (or in!): Camping in the great outdoors is not for the faint of heart. If your children have been begging to go camping, a camp night out in your backyard or living room might be right up your alley! Grab the cozy pajamas, sleeping bags, and all of the ingredients for s’mores and get ready for a camp night of family fun.
- Family Game Night: Break out the boardgames for a night of friendly competition and fun without electronics! Allow your children to take turns choosing which game to play next.
- DIY Pizza Night: Almost everyone LOVES pizza! And what family activity could be better than making your own? Purchase pre-made pizza dough or make your own, gather all of the ingredients, and let your family members create their own customized pizzas.
- Sports Night in or Out: Is your family full of sports afficionados? Head to a Major or Minor League sporting event of your family’s choice. Or, put the game on the TV, put on your favorite player’s jersey for a sports night in. Whichever option you choose, you’re sure to have a night filled with family fun.
There is nothing more precious than family time. Make a family goal to schedule a family fun night on a regular basis!