Mother’s Day is just around the corner on May 13th! Do you know how you’re going to celebrate the one and only and very special lady in your life? Mother’s Day is the perfect time for children, and spouses alike, to thank mom for all of the things she does day in and day out. There are so many BIG and small ways to celebrate Mother’s Day so we’ve rounded up our top 8 kid-friendly ways to celebrate mom. Check them out below!
- Give Mom a day off! Show mom you appreciate everything she does by giving her a day off of daily tasks and chores, including cooking, wiping boogers, laundry… the whole lot! The key is for spouses, and kids, to help pick up the slack so mom doesn’t have to lift a finger.
- Breakfast in bed. There’s nothing wrong with the traditional Mother’s Day breakfast in bed! Surprise mom on Mother’s Day morning with a hot cup of coffee and her favorite breakfast. Bonus: be sure to clean up breakfast so mom doesn’t have to!
- Write her something. A poem or a letter from the heart goes a long way. Let mom know how much you love, care, and appreciate her by writing her something that she can keep, and cherish forever.
- Craft a homemade keepsake. Make a special creative gift from the heart for mom, grandma, or a special aunt. Check out these 10 easy-to-execute DIY craft ideas to replicate or use as inspiration.
- Gift mom something she’s been eyeing. Whether it’s a new sweater, purse, pair of earrings, or even a spa day, splurge and give mom something she’s been really wanting. After all, she deserves it!
- Bake up something sweet. If mom has a sweet-tooth, bake up a treat that comes from the heart! Check out these Mother’s Day treats she’s sure to love!
- Give back to moms in need, in honor of mom! Make a donation in mom’s honor to one of these 5 charities who are doing more for moms in need.
- Create a photo book or slide show. Gather your favorite pictures of the kids and mom and put together a photo book or digital frame slideshow.
While moms certainly deserve more than one day of recognition; one of these 8 ideas are sure to make her feel like a queen! Happy Mother’s Day, Moms!