The unofficial start to fall begins when Starbucks launches the pumpkin spice latte. And when this wonderful change of season happens, so many things come to mind; changing leaves, cooler weather, apples galore, and pumpkin-spiced everything. Fall is a great time to spend more time with your family doing outdoor fall activities. There are lots of great fall kids activities such as enjoying nature, and each other’s company. Check out our top 5 fun fall activities for families!
- Hit the open road and head to your local pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Visit a local farm to pick your own pumpkins or apples, and then take them home to make yummy treats! Many local pumpkin patches and apple orchards also host festivals and offer crafts, hayrides, and fall-inspired foods for families, too.
- Embark on a fun fall journey through nature. Autumn is the perfect time to enjoy the beauty of fall-foliage. Whether you take the family on a nature walk, or a fall-inspired scavenger hunt, it’s fun to stop and enjoy what nature has to offer during this special season. The cooler weather comes as a much-needed break for many!
- Participate in a 5K or Family Fun Run for a local charity. Fall is the perfect time of year to participate in a 5K or Fun Run, or get involved in fall sports. Doing a physical activity as a family is a fun way to exercise and share with kids the importance of staying active. As an added bonus, you can talk to your kids about the importance of giving back to your community and bringing awareness to causes that your family is passionate about!
- Get ready for Halloween! Halloween is a great time to get those creative juices flowing. Color and craft your own Halloween Treat bag with this coloring sheet. Halloween is also a great time to let kids explore their imagination and engage in creative play. Put those costumes to good use and practice being a pirate or nurse before the big night.
- Clean up the yard; rake all of the pretty leaves that have fallen, then JUMP in them! This is a great way to get outdoors, have some good fun, and boost your home’s curb appeal. This is also a great time to boost your child’s development by exploring the different colors and textures. Take the opportunity to educate your child on the changes in nature and why leaves turn colors.
Take advantage and enjoy the fall Season with these fun, family friendly activities!
The Little Gym offers lots of fun year round with kid-focused activities and opportunities for play. Check out a local The Little Gym near you!