Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Celebrate mom, grandma, nana, and auntie with a special, creative gift from the heart. Whether it’s breakfast in bed or a special homemade keepsake, help your little ones make this a Mother’s Day to remember. Check out these 10 easy to execute DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas to replicate or use as inspiration.
- Put your child’s heart on a canvas. Grab a canvas from your local craft store and pull out the finger paint. Make hearts on the canvas using your child’s thumbprints. Don’t forget date your child’s work of art so mom can look back years later and remember how little those fingers once were!
- Give mom the gift that keeps on giving… a customized coupon book! Create coupons for breakfast in bed, one hour of quiet time, a foot massage, a night off from cooking, or even a dish-free day. Be creative!
- This salt dough handprint bowl is the perfect Mother’s Day keepsake! Mom can use this to hold her rings, earrings, or even her keys.
- One of the very special Mother’s Day ideas is to tell mom all of the reasons why you love her with this adorable Jar of Love. With help from a grownup, come up with 365 reasons why you love your mom. Every day for the next year mom will be able to pull from the jar and read why you love her.
- This DIY Sugar Scrub will make mom feel like she’s at the spa! This Mother’s Day craft is an easy recipe that calls for sugar, coconut oil, essential oils and an hour of kid-free time for a blissful hour just for mom!
- Salt dough is easy to make and easy to work with. These adorable heart-shaped garden stones are the perfect gift for everyone on your Mother’s Day gift list.
- These handprint aprons are the perfect gift for the cook or baker in your life. Purchase a plain colored apron and fabric paint from the craft store and get to work! Have your child(ren) paint their hands and place them carefully on the apron, write their names below their handprints and voila, you have a gift that will last a lifetime!
- Surprise mom with a bouquet of flowers that will last forever. This tissue paper bouquet uses craft paper, straws, and recycled yogurt cups to make a beautiful flower arrangement.
- These handprint mugs are perfect for the coffee or tea drinker in your life. Surprise mom with her new mug along with breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day morning!
- This Mother’s Day portrait is the perfect DIY gift for the special woman in your child’s life. Color or paste a picture in the frame then fill in the blanks. This will be a keepsake Mom will get to treasure for awhile.
With one of these DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas, this will be one Mother’s Day the special women in your life will remember.
The Little Gym wishes you and yours a Happy Mother’s Day! Contact us with any questions about our programs or offerings.