Holiday Baskets have arrived at The Little Gym of Gainesvile again this year! A The Little Gym Holiday Gift Basket is the perfect gift for family members, like Grandma and Grandpa, to give your little one.
Included in The Little Gym of Gainesville Holiday Basket is a Slo-Mo ball (just like the ones you use in the gym in class!), a The Little Gym water bottle, pencils and temporary tattoos - but, the best part? The $100 Gift Certificate to the gym. The Gift Certificate can be used toward class, camps, Parents' Survival Nights or even an Awesome Birthday Bash! The total cost of the basket is just the cost of the Gift Certificate - $100.
Whether you're sick of the unused toys lying around the house or your family members are looking to give something your little one will actually use, a The Little Gym Gift Basket really does make the perfect holiday gift!
Your Holiday Basket order must be in by Wednesday, Nov 25th. To place your order, call (703) 753-9101 or visit us at the front desk!
The Little Gym of Gainesville
7364 Atlas Walk Way
Gainesville, VA 20147
As we head into November, we begin to think about what, and more importantly, who we are thankful for - and here at the gym, we're thankful for YOU and your family!
Our The Little Gym family has been blessed to serve many families in our community and we are thankful to have been part of the development of your little one. What we are trying to say is... Our family misses yours!
We're hosting a family reunion next week, November 9-15th. During our Reunion Week we're inviting you and your child to join us for a free welcome back class.
Because it has been awhile, and your little one has gotten bigger, it may even feel like a totally new experience. We'd love to see you again and reignite your love of gymnastics, learning and friendship!
Join us for new memories November 9-15th! Give us a call at (703) 753-9101 to let us know if you'll attend a free welcome back class at the gym.
At The Little Gym of Gainesville, we know it is important that your child feel comfortable in the gym - that's why we offer a free Introductory Visit! Your child can try a class for free at the gym. Whether your little one is ready for their first Parent/Child class or your pre-school or grade schooler is ready to get in the gym by themselves, they can try it out for free.
What classes are available for your child at The Little Gym of Gainesville?
Parent/Child Gym Classes - Children 4 months - 3 years old
Pre-K Gymnastics, Sports Skills Development and Dance Classes - Kids 3 - 6 years old
Grade School Gymnastics or Dance Classes - Kids 6 (and in 1st grade) - 12 years old
Give us a call at (703) 753-9101 to reserve your child's free Introductory Visit.
7364 Atlas Walk way
Gainesville, VA 20155
Does your child love LEGO blocks? Did you know that The Little Gym now uses LEGO DUPLO blocks to help build cognitive development and your little one's fine motor skills? LEGO events are an added benefit to becoming a member of The Little Gym of Gainesville!
If you have ever enjoyed a The Little Gym class then you know we build healthy bodies and minds every day in our kids gymnastics and dance classes. Children 19 months through 4 years old are “building” even more problem solving, imagination and socialization skills through engaging activities and programs with LEGO® DUPLO® preschool building toys! Look for LEGO® DUPLO® experiences in our special “Let’s Build, Let’s Play” Parent/Child events, and Awesome Birthday Bash parties for kids 2 – 4!
The Let's Build, Let's Play schedule can be found in the schedules provided at the front desk or ask a team member for assistance!
Today, we are sharing with you a few tips to get the kiddos not only ready, but excited about getting back to a daily routine!
1. Give your child a reason to get excited about school. Maybe they get new school supplies, a super-awesome back pack or a new shirt to wear on the first day, whatever the item, don't let them use it or wear until the first day of school. This gives them something fun to look forward to about going back to school (and maybe even be excited about!)
2. Try to get them to bed a few minutes earlier each night the week before school. Over the next few days and into the weekend, try to get the little ones in bed around the time they will be going to bed for school nights. This not only mentally prepares them, it also adjusts their body's sleep cycle so they're not wide awake at night and sleepy in the morning when it's time to get on the school bus!
3. Finally, once school begins, set aside some time each night that your child can enjoy doing something they really love... reading their favorite book, playing a game or possibly even a favorite T.V. show. This gives them a little mental break from their hectic school schedule (and something to look forward to each evening!)
Have any other awesome tips? Don't forget to share them with us on Facebook!
7364 Atlas Walk Way
Spring is finally here... at least according to the calendar! A quick look at the upcoming weather forecast does show increasing sunny days and higher temperatures, so it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Today, we thought it might be a fun idea to share with you a few ideas regarding fun outdoor activities to experience with your little ones! Below, we will share with you a list of five fun ways to get outdoors and get active with your little one!
1. Get Creative! Make a birdhouse or simply purchase one and make it a game to see the birds use their new home. You could even consider having your little one keep a log or journal about when the birds come to the house and what they do. Using binoculars, you're little one can get an inside peak at the 'secret' lives of little birdies!
2. Go on a hike and collect sticks. Hiking in itself is a blast and a great way to introduce your little one to the outdoors. Even if you're not able to break away into the thick woods of Northern Virginia, simply find a trail or bike path to take a stroll down! While you're on the stroll, pick up sticks and twigs along the way and when you get back from your hike, ask them to use the sticks to write letters or, simply just create fun designs/drawings with the sticks on the ground! It's a great way to get outside and explore nature with the little ones.
4. Here's a really fun and inexpensive idea. "Marble Launch." Take a long swim noodle and cut it in half. Then lay the two halves next to one another and race marbles down the center ring of the noodle! It's a blast and will have your little one outside for hours -- or if the weather turns, you're able to bring the fun inside!
5. Finally, work on their ball-handling skills through a fun game called "Bottle Bash Soccer." Set up empty water bottles and have your toddler kick the ball at the bottles to try to know them over. This is a blast and will start to develop their foot-eye coordination!
Getting kids active is of huge importance as our society offers more and more technology that leaves our little ones leading a more sedentary lifestyle. How do you get your child up and moving? Share it with us on Facebook.
Due to inclement weather, the gym is on a delayed opening schedule, today, March 17, and won't be open until 4 p.m. If your regularly scheduled class is held before 4 p.m. your account will be credited with a make up. If your class is held after 4 p.m., please call the gym if you won't be able to make it to receive your make up class. Please check our Facebook page for more updates regarding delays and openings.
Summer class enrollment: If you would like to reserve your space in summer class today, you still can! You can simply call the gym and leave a voice mail requesting to reserve your space and we will both reserve your space and honor today's special deal once the gym opens! (703) 753-9101.
Your child has made some great accomplishments this Season! Let's keep the momentum, skills, smiles, and laughter going as they continue to progress.
As a currently enrolled Member, you will be able to secure your spot for the Summer Session before we open enrollment to the public.
In addition to getting 'first dibs' on classes, we're also offering you our Member Enrollment Specials:
Enroll on Monday, March 17 and receive one FREE spring break camp day (available for children 3-8,) $15 off summer enrollment and TEN raffle tickets.
Enroll between March 18 - 23 and you will receive $15 off summer enrollment AND TEN raffle tickets!
Enroll between March 24 - 30 and you'll receive $10 off summer enrollment and 5 raffle tickets!
What are the raffle tickets for... prizes, awesome, awesome prizes. Starting March 17, you can check out our raffle ticket tables to see what prizes you will win!
Gainesville, VA 20155
This week we have kicked off the Learning Unit "Imagination Alphabet" and this week's theme is "'F' is for Friend."
Kids have been exploring the gym, learning about letters, letter sounds and words -- all while having a blast in the gym! We are teaching all these important lessons through movement, music, games and activities in the gym.
Who knew you could learn letters and letter sounds through music and movement -- we did! The kids have been acting out letter shapes with their bodies, performed activities and movements associated with certain letters and they even worked together to create letter 'blends' with their classmates.
Just a reminder, the kid's POP's for this week is to identify sounds within a word. Doing this helps you child learn to "sound out" words when reading. When chatting with your child, randomly challenge your child to guess what word you are suggesting by giving them the sound of the first letter of the word! For example, you might say "Okay, it's getting late, please get ready for "Beh -- "Beh" yes, that's right -- Bed! Then ask your child if they know what letter makes that sound.
Over the past several months The Little Gym of Gainesville and Soles4Souls have turned to the people of Gainesville and nearby Northern Virginia communities to help collect shoes for children in need. The shoes were shipped last week and a whopping 8,250 shoes were collected locally!
The Little Gym of Gainesville franchise owner, Chad Mussmon, his family and local community members, packaged, box-up and loaded the truck with the donated shoes. Mr. Mussmon then delivered the truck filled with shoes to New Jersey, where Soles4Souls leaders were waiting to collect the shoes and distribute the donated shoes across the world to people in need!
The Little Gym of Gainesville owner, Chad Mussmon was quoted saying, “It’s not only great to see how many people have come out to donate shoes over the past few months, but it’s really awesome to see the children helping package and transport the shoes – they really get an understanding of why donating to others is so important.”
The Little Gym International and Soles4Souls teamed up nationwide. The total number of shoes collected across the nation was a little over 42,000 pairs of shoes. The collected shoes will protect children from harsh conditions, disease and enable them to attend school as well.
Thanks to the community members who donated shoes or helped box and ship them to the children in need!
Programs and Classes
Parties & More
Refer a Friend
Own a Gym
©2011 The Little Gym International, Inc
*Each The Little Gym is individually Owned and Operated