Memories of summer days will last a lifetime. Give your child the opportunity to experience the best of the season! Here are 10 experiences every child should have this summer:
1. Catching fireflies Fireflies are magical to a child. Staying up a little late to chase them through the grass is one of summer’s best outdoor experiences.
2. Walking barefoot Taking off your shoes removes the barrier between you and nature. You feel the grass under your toes and, somehow, the whole world seems a little greener.
3. Running a lemonade stand The opportunities for teaching your child about money, responsibility, and entrepreneurship are almost endless, but the real reason every child should run a lemonade stand is that it is just plain fun!
4. Flying a kite When you run alongside a kite, you feel almost as free as the kite itself.
5. Tending a garden Gardening brings you close to nature- right in your own backyard.
6. Playing in the rain Leave the umbrella inside or take it with you. Playing in the rain means stepping out of the ordinary. Get wet, stomp in puddles, and have a ball!
7. Spend time on a shore Whether you go to a river, lake, or ocean, spending time by the water is an essential part of summer. Building sand castles, swimming, collecting rocks, and investigating small water creatures are all part of the fun.
8. Have a picnic Family dinners are a time to connect. Why not move dinner outside on a beautiful summer evening? Children love the novelty of stretching out instead of sitting in a chair. Best part for Mom: no table to wipe down and no chairs to sweep under!
9. Go stargazing Staying up late to sit under the stars is a treat for the whole family. Teach your child a few of the constellations and then make up a few of your own. Talk about how big the universe seems. Or just relish in the simple beauty of the night sky.
10. A Day With No Agenda The best summer days are the lazy ones, the ones in which we head outside and see where the day brings us. In our super busy lives, children need time to relax and explore their world at their own pace.
Programs and Classes
Parties & More
Refer a Friend
Own a Gym
©2011 The Little Gym International, Inc
*Each The Little Gym is individually Owned and Operated