Parents want their kids to have the best experiences possible. They want their children to be happy, healthy, and to find success. While there are many activities for kids to help your children achieve these life goals, enrolling them in summer camp programs can help. Summer camps for kids offer children a fun, nurturing environment where they are given opportunities to interact with positive role models, work together with their peers, develop creative skills, build independence and so much more. Check out these 5 benefits of summer camps for kids:
- Unplug from technology: Studies show that children spend a whopping 7.5 hours on average, per day engaging with technology. Camps provide children with technology-free hours where they are able to rediscover their creativity and engage with their peers.
- Promotes independence: Camps give children the opportunity to grow more independent, whether for a few hours, a day, or a week at a time. The separation from parents allows children to learn to rely on themselves, their peers, and others in a safe and secure environment.
- Engage in more physical activity: Kids spend so much time sitting at desks, on the couch, or at the kitchen table; summer camps provide children with physical activities for kids, a chance to have fun and get moving with their peers through running, jumping, climbing and more.
- Learn teamwork: Camps provide children with the unique opportunity to work together for a common goal; whether during a game or activity, kids are communicating, learning, and benefitting from one another.
- Builds self-confidence: By removing competitive activities and tasks, children are given the opportunity to gain new skills and accomplish tasks and experience success. This type of success is directly correlated to gaining self-esteem and self-confidence.
Summer camps are a great way to provide children with the opportunities to gain important life skills to become happy, healthy and successful adults. To learn more about The Little Gym’s Summer Camp programs for kids 3-12 years visit www.thelittlegym.com.